Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Contest Winning's from The Daily Dimwit

Sam over at The Daily Dimwit recently held a small contest. All you had to do was leave a comment with one of your 2012 collecting goals and he'd random off the names. Lucky for me I was the winner and got to choose from one of his duplicate Astros GU cards. He threw in a handful of Bagwell's as well which made the win even sweeter.

I didn't have any of the Bagwell's Sam sent over so these instantly went into my Bagwell binder/Bagwell box. One of my goals is to get to over 180 different Bagwell's (remember I didn't start collecting until last February) and with these cards plus the few I picked up at the LCS I should be well on my way. 

2006 Bazooka Basics Relics Craig Biggio

Call me nostalgic but I love the look of these cards. It takes me back to when I was growing up in the 90's and I'd always chew Bazooka gum and read the wrapper comics. Speaking of those comics, I have no idea what half of them were about and I don't think I laughed once. I don't think anyone understood those Bazooka comics but their gum sure was delicious. This is my very first Biggio GU card and it hopefully won't be my last.

Thank you again to The Dimwit for holding the contest and sending me these awesome cards. I'll return the favor soon and I'm excited to get together when you come into town for the Tristar show.

No comments: